- 1 How can I change my HDFC credit card payment to EMI?
- 2 What is the interest rate for HDFC Credit Card EMI?
- 3 How can I pay all EMI in HDFC credit card?
- 4 How does EMI work on HDFC credit card?
- 5 Can we convert to EMI after bill generation?
- 6 What is smart EMI on HDFC credit card?
- 7 How is EMI amount calculated?
- 8 How is HDFC EMI calculated?
- 9 Can we pre close credit card EMI HDFC?
- 10 What if I pay more than EMI in credit card?
- 11 What are the hidden charges in no cost EMI?
- 12 Why is no EMI bad?
- 13 How can I convert credit card to EMI?
How can I change my HDFC credit card payment to EMI?
Post Purchase EMI Conversion (Smart EMI )
- Login to HDFC Net-banking account.
- Click on Cards.
- Go to ‘Transact’ and select ‘SmartEMI’
- Select the Card and go to unbilled transactions.
- Choose Debit for Transaction Type and Click on View.
- Check the box against the purchase that you want to convert into EMI.
- Click on confirm.
What is the interest rate for HDFC Credit Card EMI?
The rate of interest for EMI on HDFC credit cards is 1.5% per month (9 months to 3 years).
How can I pay all EMI in HDFC credit card?
Visit the loan officer at your nearest HDFC bank branch. Enquire the current balance in your loan account. The loan officer will also intimate you of any pre-closure charges or penalties. Pay the entire balance amount (sum of all pending EMIs + preclosure charges, if any ) using a cheque or DD.
How does EMI work on HDFC credit card?
Your bank pays the entire amount at once at the time of purchase. This amount is deducted from the overall credit limit on your credit card. When you make payments through no-cost EMIs, the EMI amount each month is restored to your credit limit. Assume you opt for a six-month EMI of Rs 12,000 towards your credit card.
Can we convert to EMI after bill generation?
To convert your billed amount into EMIs, follow the PhoneBanking process. You can convert billed Credit Card amount to EMI with HDFC Bank through PhoneBanking.
What is smart EMI on HDFC credit card?
Convert large purchases on your HDFC Bank credit card into SmartEMI and enjoy stress-free repayment. Enjoy attractive interest rates, among the lowest in the market. Get credit into your HDFC Bank account in seconds and repay conveniently over 9 to 36 months.
How is EMI amount calculated?
The mathematical formula to calculate EMI is: EMI = P × r × (1 + r)n/((1 + r)n – 1) where P= Loan amount, r= interest rate, n=tenure in number of months.
How is HDFC EMI calculated?
To calculate your EMI, just enter the loan amount, rate of interest and loan tenure, and your EMI is instantly displayed. You can enter loan amounts from 50,000 to 4,000,000 and term from 1 to 5 years.
Can we pre close credit card EMI HDFC?
The EMI scheme can be pre – closed by calling the 24 hour HDFC Bank Credit Cards customer service. ‘Preclosure Interest charges’ (as applicable) will apply. Cancellation will be allowed only if customer calls within 4 days post transaction date.
What if I pay more than EMI in credit card?
If you fail to pay your credit card dues in any month, you will be charged a hefty interest of anywhere between 24%-36% for non- payment. This interest will be charged on your EMI amount as well, which already carries the basic interest of the EMI facility, causing a double whammy.
Under the three-month EMI plan, the interest rate charged is 15 per cent and you would have to pay an interest amount of Rs 2,250. Interest is added to product cost.
|Actual Cost of the product||Rs 15,000|
|Offer Price under Zero Cost EMI Scheme||Rs 17,250|
|Total Cost to be paid by you via EMI||Rs 17,250|
Why is no EMI bad?
It is advisable not to opt for a loan to buy a product you don’t need, due to the temptation of zero – cost EMI. Also, if you get a loan to buy a product, don’t default on your EMI. Defaulting on EMIs will damage your credit score, which will make it difficult for you to get a loan or credit card in the future.
How can I convert credit card to EMI?
How to avail the ‘ EMI on Call’ facility?
- Step 1: Log in to ICICI Bank iMobile app.
- Step 2: Go to the ‘ Cards ‘ section.
- Step 3: Select your Credit Card.
- Step 4: Click on ‘ Convert to EMI ‘ on the eligible transactions in the ‘Recent Transactions’ section.
- Step 5: Choose a convenient tenure for the EMIs and click on ‘Submit’.