- 1 What is credit controlling area in SAP?
- 2 How is credit control area calculated in SAP?
- 3 How do you maintain credit control area?
- 4 How will you assign credit control area to company code?
- 5 How do I change the credit control area in SAP?
- 6 What is the purpose of controlling area in SAP?
- 7 How do you build a control area?
- 8 What is segment SAP?
- 9 What is chart of accounts in SAP?
- 10 What is credit control services?
- 11 How do you set credit limit for customers in SAP?
- 12 How do you assign a sales area to the credit control area?
- 13 What is the relationship between company code and credit control area in SAP?
- 14 How can I check my credit control area?
- 15 What is the relationship between company code and credit control area?
What is credit controlling area in SAP?
Definition. A credit control area is an organizational unit for specifying and controlling customer credit limits. A credit control area can include one or more company codes. It is not possible to divide a company code into several credit control areas.
How is credit control area calculated in SAP?
Steps to Define Credit Control Area in SAP
- Transaction Code to Define Credit Control Area – OB45.
- IMG Menu Path:- SPRO –> Implementation Guide –> Enterprise Structure –> Definition –> Financial Accounting –> Define Credit Control Area.
How do you maintain credit control area?
Credit limits and credit exposure are managed at both credit control area and customer level. Maintain credit control area. You assign customers to specific credit control areas and specify the appropriate credit limits in the customer master record.
How will you assign credit control area to company code?
- Step 1) Enter T- code “OB38” in the SAP command field and enter.
- Step 2) On change view “ Assign company code –> Credit control area “: overview, click on position button and update your company code in the given filed and press enter.
- Step 3) Now your company code “TK01” display at the top of window screen.
How do I change the credit control area in SAP?
Step 1) Enter T-Code “OB45” in the SAP command field and enter. Step 2) On change view “ credit control areas ” overview screen, click on “New Entries” button to configure new credit control area as per company requirements.
What is the purpose of controlling area in SAP?
Organizational unit in an organization that represents a closed system used for cost accounting purposes. A controlling area may contain one or more company codes, which can operate in different currencies, if required. The company codes within a controlling area must all use the same operational chart of accounts.
How do you build a control area?
You can create controlling area by using one of the following method. Overview
- Run T-code: OKKP;
- Double click on “Maintain controlling area ”;
- In the basic data overview screen, select “New entries” to create new controlling area.
- On the new entries controlling area screen, update the following fields.
What is segment SAP?
Segment is an account assignment used to define the financial status and performance of an organization as per business lines and geographical areas. Segments in SAP – Important Points. You can generate balance sheets statements as per segment lines.
What is chart of accounts in SAP?
A chart of accounts is a structure containing the G/L accounts used by one or more company codes. You need to assign a chart of accounts to each company code. This chart of accounts is then the operating chart of accounts and is used for the daily postings in the company code.
What is credit control services?
Credit Control Services, Inc. was founded in 1966. The Company’s line of business includes collection and adjustment services on claims and other insurance related issues.
How do you set credit limit for customers in SAP?
From the menu > Goto => Generaldata => Central data. Total Amount: – Enter the amount that specifies the overall credit limit the customer may receives in all the credit control area. Navigation.
|SAP R/3 Role Menu||Master data for customer credit management|
How do you assign a sales area to the credit control area?
Assign Sales area to Credit control area: – Step-1: Enter the transaction code S_ALR_87007469 in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue. Expand SAP Customizing Implementation Guide → Enterprise Structure → Assignment → Sales and Distribution → Assign sales area to credit control area. Click on Execute.
What is the relationship between company code and credit control area in SAP?
Definition. An organizational unit that represents the area where customer credit is awarded and monitored. This organizational unit can either be a single or several company codes, if credit control is performed across several company codes. One credit control area contains credit control information for each customer
How can I check my credit control area?
Go to OBD2–> your customer account group–> field status–> sales data–> billing, make credit control area required entry. Then, come back to XD02 and check the billing document tab of sales area data.
What is the relationship between company code and credit control area?
Credit control areas and company codes are separate organisational structures. Company codes relate to the accounts receivable and credit control area to the management of risk/ credit. 2 separate functions. One company code can have one or more credit control areas and credit control areas can have more company codes.